Friday, February 22, 2013

30 Day Journal Challenge

I have always wanted to document my life.  I try to start journals and after a few weeks, writing in them is completely forgotten.   I guess this is why I attempt to blog.  I have no problem sitting in front of a computer and typing out silly things from my life. 

However, I really like the idea of leaving behind something that my grandkids will stumble upon in a dusty old box and find out what I was really like.  That's why the act of writing out my thoughts, feelings and activities appeals to me.  It's a record of who I am in a certain period of time.  I just wish I was better at carving out a chunk of time to write.

I still really admire people who can document their lives on actual paper though.  I just wish I had the determination to make it a regular habit.  Since I read that it only takes twenty-one days for a new habit to stick, I decided to start a journaling challenge that would last for thirty days.  A 30 Day Journal Challenge.

I've put some thought into pursuing this.  Since I consider blogging a form of journaling, I will post something new everyday.  I will also do a printable guided journal page each day.  The third and hardest part will be writing daily in my very pretty journal that I purchased over a year ago.


I look at these pictures and realize my photography skills are crap.  Oh well, you can tell that that is my journal and a few guided pages.  I'm ready to get this started.

What inspired me to do this challenge?

One of my favorite blogs is Making This Home.  Katie makes these wonderful prompted journals under the name Gadanke that I still haven't purchased. (They're on my to-do-list.  I promise.)  I'm having a hard time deciding which one I want.  Her website was really the driving force behind this challenge.  Every single person has a story.  She wants to make it easier to record.

Katie sells her journals  here.   Just so you'll go take a peek, I'm going to borrow a few of her pictures so you can see how beautiful and funky they are.

The she Journal  is great for documenting the essential things that make you who you are.

Wedding Card Scrapbook

 I'm swooning over that wedding card scrapbook.  I should really locate where ours are kept so that I can get this one and finally have a nice way to put the story of our wedding together with the cards.

Anyways, go check out her store and her blog.  Seriously.  Like now.

Since I wanted to start this challenge now, I decided to google "printable journal prompts".

I came across these lovely guided journal pages by Christie.  She has fifty (FREE!) printable pages that have quotes and different prompts.  The one I filled out for today asked me to describe something beautiful that I may have overlooked and list "3 snack foods that make my day".  Of course there are other things on them but you will just have to check them out for yourself.

According to my calendar, I should complete this challenge on March 24th.  This will definitely push me as I'm much better telling a story through speaking than writing.  I'm up for it though.

No comments:

Post a Comment