Friday, March 1, 2013

Looking for Greener Pastures

Right now I am pretty dissatisfied with my job.  It really isn't hard work and I enjoy the clients I have.  I guess it's because I have no stimulation.  I do the same things day after day, week after week.  There is nothing that stimulates my mind and I find that very important.  I also drive fifteen miles one way to work only two hours.  It doesn't seem like a lot but when you drive a gas-guzzling Blazer, my pay only amounts to about $4.50 an hour. 

I want to quit so badly.  I don't quit because I like getting out of the house and I like earning the little bit of money I make.  I have been looking for something closer to home but things have not been panning out.  I just need something part time that isn't going to be every weekend. 

I feel guilty admitting this.  I feel guilty feeling this way.  So many people do not even have a job to complain about.  I have a husband who works a job he isn't happy with because he has to support the family.  He has to provide insurance for his often ill or injured wife. 

I think my main problem is that I know what I want for a career.  I gave that dream up when I started seeing Ken.  I don't regret that part.  I knew right away Ken was the man I was going to marry.  It's not his fault we have to live where we do, hours away from the closest school that offers my preferred program of study.  Maybe, in a few years if we don't have more children, I can live away from home the four years required for the degree I want. 

For now, I continue to look for something that is a better fit for me.  And I realize how blessed I am to be able to pick and choose the job I want and that I even have the option to quit altogether. 

Have a great day everyone.

No comments:

Post a Comment