Sunday, November 25, 2012

Ready to Shred?

Okay, I know.  I am a horrible blogger.  Honestly, I just wish I were better at stuff like this.  New goal.  I am going to post twice a week on Mondays and Thursdays.  Why those days?  Because I don't work on those days. 

So one of the things I am ashamed of is my weight.  Many women are.  I have a million excuses for why I let myself get over 200 pounds.  My hormones are out of whack from polycystic ovarian syndrome.  I hurt my back and couldn't do much exercise.  Yada yada yada.

When I'm honest with myself, I admit I'm overweight.  That's not even being honest.  I'm obese.  There, I said it.  The "o" word.  OBESE!  I'm not big-boned and don't have extra padding.  I'm not fluffy.  This isn't the result of bad genes from my overweight parents. The last time I was weighed at the doctor, the scale registered a whopping 247 pounds.   I don't know what my weight is today.  I think it may be less but not that much less.  Maybe a few pounds.  I don't own a scale and I don't want to own one.  I would step on it everyday.  If I want to weigh myself, I boot up our dusty Wii and use that.

Why am I obese?  I eat too much and move too little.  I love food.  I love food so much I overeat.  A very bad habit that I need to break.  I don't get up and exercise enough.  Sure, I walk the 3/4 mile to the library but I only go to the library once a week.  That is not enough movement to keep my muscles, bones, and heart strong.

I need to get healthy.  I am insulin resistant, which means I'm a short trip away from diabetes.   I also suffer from depression and I know regular exercise helps with the symptoms.  My joints hurt from carrying an extra 80 pounds.  I can't carry around a 40 pound child for longer than five minutes and yet I have the equivalent of two toddlers in extra weight. 

So, I think to kill motivate myself, I am going to jump into this headfirst.  No testing out the waters with a little toe for this girl. 

I'm going to start Jillian Micheal's 30 Day Shred tomorrow. 

Better yet, I'm going to stick with it.  It might end up being a 29 day shred just because I won't want to work out on Christmas morning.  I think I can be forgiven for that.  I'm going to use this blog as motivation.  What better way to keep going than to publicly record my results?  I don't want to admit that I gave up or only lost a few pounds.  I am going to do this.  I am going to succeed.

I will post my weight, measurements, and before pictures this week.  Monday or Thursday. 

Wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment