Monday, December 3, 2012

This, That, and Some Really Bad Food

Well, I've already failed at doing 30DS.  I pulled something in my hip joint and it hurts like a not so nice word.  So, I'm taking a few days off.  Wednesday will be the day to start back up again.

In other news, I had to go to the doctor today and I haven't lost any weight but I haven't gained any either.  Good news considering I haven't been exercising and have been eating like crap all weekend.

On Saturday, since we were feeling a little cabin fever, Ken and I decided to go for a little drive to see his Grandma Katie's house.  It was a nice 30 minute drive out there.  We drove past the house and it has not changed since his grandma passed away.  Right down to the fake security camera and fake flowers in the window boxes.  It looks like whoever owns it just uses it as a vacation home.

We then headed to Berlin and walked around.  I found a lamp I wanted at this antique shop but sadly, it wasn't in our budget that day.  I hope it's still there in a few weeks.  It would look great in our bedroom.  Of course, we had to have a look-see in a clothing store geared towards hunters.  I think we will actually go down there again to purchase hunting clothes.

Since we hadn't eaten breakfast and all that walking was making us peckish, we stopped at the Berlin Family Restaurant for a bite of lunch.  Just the fact that it was a Saturday at lunchtime and was lacking in patrons should have been our first clue.  However, we were hungry and ignored our baser instincts.  Ken ordered beef tips over noodles and I ordered a French dip.  We had soup and salad first which was okay.  When our food arrived, Ken just looked at his and knew it would be bad.  My sandwich smelled bad but I thought it was because I sometimes go off the smell of meat.

I've seen tastier morsels in a baby's diaper than the stuff that was on Ken's plate.  He took two bites and was done.  Mine tasted off and was put to the side also.  We decided maybe a good old hamburger was the way to go so we paid our bill and went to seek a bar and grill.

We ended up at Tommy's Roadhouse in Red Granite "just past the prison."  That is what it says on their t shirts.   I'm not kidding.  It was geared to the summer people but I didn't care.  Just locals and a family that was on their "annual drunken Christmas tree hunt."   Ken had a burger and I had a pulled pork sandwich.  Much better than the previous fare.  We left sated and headed on our way home, picking up a tree on the way.

That's it.  Nothing exciting.  I prefer life that way though.

No comments:

Post a Comment